Monday, November 3, 2008

Blogger Help

It was really interesting to see the different routes everyone took with their story projects. Clearly, many of you put a lot of time and effort into it. Next time, I will definitely be stealing some of your ideas to try and improve my own project. 

Problems

I also had some problems with mine, that maybe you guys could help out with. The biggest problem was formatting. When I was writing and editing the blog, the pictures would often move my words around. After I fixed it and looked at a preview, it appeared that the formatting was fine, but once I actually posted it, it looked different. I went back and forth several times, fixing it then checking it, but by the end it still wasn't all correct. If any of you have tips on how to fix this problem, please help!

What I Liked in Other Projects

  • Links throughout a story
  • Embedded slideshows
  • Print-type stories in an online format
  • Various gadgets used to personalize the blogger pages
Embedded Video

For those of you still trying to figure out how to embed video, my advice is to use the digital lab to format the file, then be patient when uploading to blogger. It probably took mine anywhere from 10-15 minutes to upload. Once it's there, it's not so easy to move around, but the embedded video feature is pretty cool. 

Changing the Appearance

Blogger is pretty set in the layouts it gives you, but you can mess around with the colors of the background, fonts, title, etc. within a given layout. To do this, you click on the Layout tab, then fonts and colors. From there you can click to see how your changes will look. Make sure you save changes if you're happy with how you've altered it. 

No comments: