Saturday, November 1, 2008

Story Projects

After looking at everyone else's projects, I realized Blogger has many different gadgets and functions I didn't even know about. I hope I can use the slide show gadget in my final story project. I also plan to add the "Related Links" gadget to my sidebar. I will put all my links and the link to my additional story there. It makes it easier for readers to find the necessary and relevant information when it's on the sidebar than having to scroll down the entire blog to find the links.

Things I Still Need to Figure Out
  1. How to adjust the time stamp so that the article I want on the homepage actually shows up on the homepage when called

Embedding a Video: How I Did It
  1. I downloaded my video to the desktop.
  2. Then, I clicked the video button on our tool bar and followed the instructions. It will ask you where you want to upload your video from, ex: the web or something saved on your computer. It's just like uploading a picture.
  3. The completed project should have a play button and the little Blogger image on the bottom right hand corner:

How to Adjust the Number of Posts on the Homepage
  1. Get to the screen where you can write your blog.
  2. Click on "Settings." It's the second tab on the left hand side.
  3. Click on "Formatting."
  4. The first question will allow you to change the number of posts that will show up on your homepage.
Changing the Color of the Navigation Bar on Top

  1. Go to where you can edit your blog. Click "Layout."
  2. Click the "edit" button. Pick the color you want.


No comments: