Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

My first blog post was pretty reflective of who I am as a person-loud, colorful, slightly obnoxious, a little childish, and a touch sloppy. Yes it had some cool things going for it (embedded video, picture slide show) but it could definitely have had a lot more.

Instead of asking you all how to do the amazing things you guys did on your blogs, I want to take a risk and figure it out myself. If you guys could do it I'm sure I could do it (though if I can't figure it out expect some pleading emails right around December 1).

I don't really think my blog had anything that was particularly special or exciting on it, so I'm not going to give tips on how to do anything that I did. Instead, I want to give all of you a shout-out and point out things that I really enjoyed about your blogs, and that I plan to incorporate into my own blog. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

  1. USC Goes Green-I loved how clean this blog looked. It was colorful yet still tasteful. It was very easy to read, and looked extremely inviting
  2. Farmer's Market: Organic Produce Guaranteed-again, the layout of this blog was really nice. What I liked the most about this blog was the discussion it produced after we looked at it. I hope my next blog can be as interesting and thought provoking
  3. The Bumbershoot-I loved this story so much. It was unbelievably interesting, and I actually told many people about this story after I left class. I think what impressed me most about this was the link to more photos. I definitely hope to use another website to show both the photos seen in my blog as well as additional photos
  4. Fresh From the Farm- I liked that this leaned more towards print. I definitely hope to include more text in my next blog like this one did
  5. Blog Hog-If I could plagiarize a blog and put my name on it, I would probably do it with the Blog Hog (that's a compliment, I promise). The photo slide show and video on the side bar were exceptional and such a great addition. The bolding was excellent, and I also loved the links and related stories.

Ok so I didn't go through all of the blogs because I was starting to get depressed at how much better they were then mine. You all did an amazing job, and there is no doubt that I will be attempting to utilize something that each one of you did in my next blog. So thanks!

No comments: