Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Making Blogs Interactive

My first story project seemed decent when I finished it. Then I saw everyone else's stories and realized I definitely wanted to change some things. The main thing I want to do to my next project is to make it more interactive.

You can look, and you can also touch
I'm not trying to be creepy by looking up Lysee's project and pasting it on here...
but I really liked how she had that slideshow of pictures in the upper right-hand corner. (This picture doesn't show the movement of the photos but I just wanted to point out its great location.)


It was also useful that the slideshow allowed you to pause or go back and forth between photos. These options give the reader control and also make the story interactive.

Tell me when to go
Another thing a project needs is links. They let readers know when should go check out more information about a topic. Having the link right there in the story allows them to quickly click it and be taken to a new destination, instead of having to open up a new window, go search in Google, and then get to that new place.

Everything's Better On the Big Screen
My first project featured video in the sidebar. I want to embed it right in the story next time instead of making readers watch what is basically a thumbnail size version of my video. People have already explained how to do it for this post assignment so I am going to try it right now. Lets see if I can do it.



I think I just did it! This is exciting. Well hopefully I am on my way to making a great project.

No comments: