Tuesday, October 28, 2008

CNN Takes the Cake

  • CNN has an election center link on their homepage
  • Provides an interactive map with up to the minute predictions
  • Has an elections 101 link that breaks it down for beginners to politics
  • Has in interactive forum

CNN Home Page

To start with, CNN is known as the king of online news and televised news. A station that runs news at all times of the day has one of the best news websites to speak of, to no ones real surprise. So when it comes to political news, this is the first place that I look at, and they do not disappoint. The homepage embeds a link to an election center outlet where they cover all sides of this very important election.


Election Center

The center is the hub for all the politics any person can handle. The website has the most interactive map on the web that I have found today, as it shows different shades of red and blue depending on McCain or Obama's leads are in the various state. In addition, the thing I love about CNN.com is the Election 101 page that profiles everything you can think of at a smaller level from those who know little about politics like me.

Interactive Forums

The website also runs interactive forums for its visitors that range in topics from the economy to Iraq and everything in between. Its a great way for visitors to communicate with others who are passionate abut politics, and can lead to some great debates for those on the opposite side of some issues.

Which Candidate is Using it better?

To my immediate knowledge, I don't think that either candidate has used the online age better then the other. I do feel though that the online world suits Obama better since he is the younger edgier candidate. As a result, I feel like he has won the online battle, a significant reason why he is winning the overall battle for the race for the presidency.

The list of great things about this website goes on and on. The site even archives its coverage of the various elections and primaries, so that in case you have been living under a rock over the past few years, you will have a chance to catch up on everything. Overall, the site has everything you need, and will be the page that I have opened up on election night.

No comments: