Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Smitten


About a year ago I was googling leek recipes because leeks (a member of the onion family) were my obsession of the moment. The usual suspects quickly popped up on my search page; cooks.com, allrecipes.com, epicurious, bla bla bla. And then...there it was, nestled in the middle of the page, the most delicious sounding leek-and-bacon tart recipe with the too-adorable web adress of smittenkitchen.com. I clicked. The most beautiful page opened up before my eyes - huge gorgeous food photography had center stage along with a pleasant design scheme. I was intrigued. I read on. The witty banterry self-efacing writing style had me hooked... I loved this "Deb" whoever she was. I spent the afternoon indulging in her amazing photography and relishing her writing and did I mention how good her recipes were? Like, Oh. My. God. I wanted to make EVERYTHING.



Not to mention... she has an archive by month/year, a recipe index, and a topic index. I mean, she's got me covered. She also takes the time to do how-to posts and has started inter acting with her readers more...taking polls and asking us what we want to learn how to make. Too good to be true, honestly.

No comments: