I visit celebrity blogs. I'm not ashamed to say it. Perez, TMZ, PopSugar, Hollywood Rag - all can be found in my internet history. I just can't help it, I think the world of celebrities is fascinating. I found The Superficial blog a few months ago, and it's now become one of my staple celebrity blogs.
The Site:The layout of the site is well done. It doesn't do anything fancy, but all the stories appear down the right, the most recent posts at the top. One of the best things about the site is the links:
- They link to other blogs, like movie and gadget blogs
- Each story has links to more stories about that person or topic, right under the headline
- There are links to share or save the story at the end of each post

However, there are also distracting ads between some posts, and far too many bikini pictures on the side for my liking. It almost becomes trashy. And it distracts me from the REAL stories, you know, about how Jimmy Kimmel and Sarah Silverman are apparently back together while Reese and Jake are drifting apart.
The Photos:
One of the main reasons I go to celebrity blogs is for the photos. Photos of celebrities drinking coffee, at the beach, being drunk in public or doing embarrassing things -- all photos I want to see, especially if they're wearing cute outfits.
What The Superficial does well is posting several pictures in a given story. While most people probably do not care that Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt volunteered in a soup kitchen, at least they have the option of seeing it from several different angles.
The Writing:
What The Superficial does well is posting several pictures in a given story. While most people probably do not care that Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt volunteered in a soup kitchen, at least they have the option of seeing it from several different angles.
The Writing:In the end, the reason I keep coming back to The Superficial is mostly because of the writing. I truly appreciate sarcastic humor, and the writer of The Superficial does it well. Many of the headlines are funny, such as "Sandra Bernhart makes Sarah Palin gang-rape joke, surprisingly doesn't go over well." The commentary in the posts is also sarcastically funny, although I have to admit there are times when they do go a little too far.
And in the end, for those who REALLY don't care about Lindsay Lohan's sexual orientation or the most recent celebrity breakup...well, you don't have to visit The Superficial. But gossip addicts like me will continue to find the photos, commentary and easy site layout will only fuel the addiction.
No comments:
Post a Comment